Instrument & Electrical Mechanic - 2nd ClassJob ID 8831 Willow Island, West Virginia, United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
1. Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings, P&ID’s, loop sheets, vendor instructions and work specifications.
2. Install and maintain low and medium voltage electrical distribution and control equipment up to and including 13,800 volts.
3. Must be able to troubleshoot and repair solid state and electro-mechanical controls and pneumatic control instrumentation and valving.
4. Working knowledge of programmable logic controllers (PLC), Distributive Control Systems (DCS), digital smart transmitter technology, variabl frequency drives, electronic test equipment, safety valves, conservation vents and rupture disks.
5. Responsible for tracking time with associated work orders during scheduled shift.
6. Basic knowledge of computer systems for interfacing with electrical and instrument equipment plus computerized maintenance management system.
7. Perform other tasks as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Minimum of 2-year Associate Degree in related studies, or equivalent job specific experience and training. Testing may be required to assess and demonstrate knowledge and ability to effectively perform the required essential duties in a safe manner.
·Must be physically able to perform assigned work such as lifting, climbing, etc.
·Capable of reading and interpreting work instructions, drawings and equipment specifications.
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.