Technical ManagerJob ID 11169 Welland, Ontario, Canada;
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
- Accountability for site HSE, Quality, Productivity, and Manufacturing Excellence objectives.
- Ensure all aspects/standards of the Responsible Care Safety Program are met.
- Lead and be accountable for the development and execution of the site technical and capital project plans to achieve site HSE, Quality, Productivity, and Operations Improvement objectives and strategic plans.
- Leads site technical group to identify, develop, and implement fundamental improvement initiatives to improve HSE, Quality and Productivity.
- Actively engages in the development of the site plan to fundamentally improve site manufacturing processes, systems, and capacities. Personally leads select initiatives.
- Preparation and oversight of the Site Capital Spending Budget. Oversees and coordinates implementation of Capital Projects for the site.
Education and Experience:
- Leads site technical group and is accountable for the technology of the manufacturing processes to ensure they are safely designed, operated efficiently, hazards are adequately identified and controlled, and equipment and technology changes are adequately managed and documented.
- Accountable for technical support to operating units when existing processes are not capable of meeting standard requirements.
- Leads site technical group and is accountable for process development, optimization studies, major new equipment installations and implementation of new technology including New Product Introduction (NPI) Leads studies of existing plant processes to solve systemic problems.
- Oversees site CapEx budget, project management and implementation.
- Primary owner of the process technology and engineering standards.
- Support the development and implementation of plans to optimize existing site manufacturing processes and systems (incremental improvement).
- Develop and execute capital plan.
- Foster technical and leadership development of technical reports to meet strategic organizational development objectives.
- Knowledge and utilization of Site Quality Management protocols
- Bachelor of Applied Science or Engineering (Chemical or Mechanical Engineering).
- 10 plus years of experience in a Technical Engineering Leadership role.
- Capital project management experience.
- Preferred candidates have Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing training and experience.
- Strategic Planning and Execution
- Change Leadership
- Delegation, Empowerment & Team Effectiveness
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.