Operations ManagerJob ID 10366 Welland, Ontario, Canada;
Solvay is a multi-specialty chemical company committed to developing chemistry that addresses key societal challenges. We innovate and partner with customers in diverse global end markets. Technology Solutions is a global leader in specialty mining reagents, phosphine-based chemistry, and solutions for stabilization of polymers. We are also a major player in phosphorus derivatives. The portfolio includes world class, leading-edge technologies and unrivalled technical service and applications expertise that support our customers in developing tailored solutions.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
- Accountability for site HSE, Quality, Productivity, and Manufacturing Excellence objectives.
- Ensure all aspects/standards of the Responsible Care Safety Program are met.
- Demonstrated ability to make significant change within an organization impacting multiple functions.
- Identify performance issues, provide constructive developmental feedback and assist in development planning to effectively manage the professional growth of direct reports.
- Demonstrated ability to improve performance and achieve results in a manufacturing environment.
- Foster trust in an organization, business unit or team.
- Lead the development and implementation of the site’s plan to optimize existing site manufacturing processes and systems.
- Actively engage in the development and implementation of the plan to fundamentally improve the site in various aspects of the operation and lead selected plan objectives.
- Oversees and leads the maintenance department.
- Accountable for the annual site manufacturing plan to achieve targeted volumes and costs in accordance with safety, environmental, quality and other requirements.
- Provide hands-on management to lead the Manufacturing Departments while ensuring delegation of tasks, motivational climate and operational excellence.
- Champion communications to engage and align the manufacturing organization.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Technical Field (Engineering or Chemistry), Six Sigma/Lean Certification.
- Experience with continuous improvement tools beneficial.
- 10 years of experience in a chemical manufacturing environment successfully functioning in a significant leadership role.
- Must have proven experience managing union workers
- Must possess a strong financial background with the ability to understand and manage operational income statements and cash flows.
- Must be an independent thinker, self-starter and motivator with the ability to operate with minimal direction.
- Strong oral and written communication skills coupled with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with all levels of the organization.
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.