Maintenance Planner/ SchedulerJob ID 11095 University Park, Illinois, United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
- Organizing work in an orderly, proactive manner utilizing the schedule to minimize production downtime and build in equipment reliability.
- Effectively plan jobs with details, including the scope of work, fully defined materials necessary to accomplish the job (including job kitting parts), coordinate all necessary pre-job steps (e.g. scaffolding, etc.), and thoroughly evaluate the plan to address all safety concerns.
- Effectively plan jobs to increase the efficiency of maintenance resources, allowing more work to be performed in a shorter amount of time and with fewer resources.
- Proper execution and closure of maintenance work orders daily.
- Work closely with storeroom to ensure proper MRO parts are available and creation and updating of BOM (Bill of Materials) for routine jobs.
- Ensure correct materials of construction are used in maintenance repairs and improvement including certification of materials.
- Accurately document material usage and contractor activities and subsequent costs of maintenance through transactions in the CMMS (SAP).
- Assist in identifying root causes and implement corrective action for quality and reliability issues.
- Fully participate in plant HSE initiatives
- Complete computer base training to comply with health, safety, and environmental requirements and policies
- Excellent working knowledge of life critical policies and procedures
- Hazard recognition and permit identification for all planned work. Written communication on the work orders along with verbal communication as needed.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Requires working knowledge of chemical plant equipment (pumps, piping, heat exchangers, vessels, instrumentation, etc.) along with a background in maintenance and repair of this equipment in order to effectively plan daily maintenance department actives.
- This knowledge is gained through 5 or more years’ of industrial experience in a chemical plant, or other related industry, and 3 years working in maintenance.
- Experience with a CMMS system such as SAP or the equivalent.
- Excellent organizational skills for planning all maintenance work along with good verbal communication skills for facilitating cooperation with all other departments.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize and manage daily activities.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability
- Demonstrated willingness to take on more responsibility and difficult assignments.
- Good computer and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems is required. Knowledge of MS PowerPoint, MS Project, and SAP a plus.
- Previous experience or familiarization with ordering spare parts and working within MRO storeroom requirements is a plus.
- Working knowledge of mechanical integrity of vessels, tanks, piping, rotating equipment, and other assets within the plant is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Solvay MOC processes.
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.