Data Science Team Lead, Research & InnovationJob ID 11479 United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
In the context of the G.R.O.W. strategy and the Solvay One Planet initiative of the Solvay Group, we are looking for an experienced Artificial Intelligence Team Lead to support our scientific computing acceleration, with a focus on materials science.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing and managing the portfolio execution of the data science team, recruit, train and mentor them. Responsibilities might include as well indirectly managing other scientists.
- Identify and implement a set of AI-based R&I applications, (from MVP to lab-scale deployments) to de-risk R&I projects portfolio and contribute to application development for our clients
- Provide technical leadership and expertise for Group R&I teams
- Investigate developing technologies, manage collaborations with academia, external providers, start-ups
- Deliver presentations, anticipate challenges, unblock issues, provide business sponsor and stakeholder transparency for programs and projects within the Group’s Technology Scouting team
Education and Experience:
- PhD in Data and Computer Sciences, Material Sciences, Complex Systems, Mathematics and Physics, Material Informatics, Cheminformatics or equivalent
- Working experience with Materials Informatics, Cheminformatics, Molecular Modelling & Simulation tools
- A minimum of 10 years of data science and AI experience, with 5+ years in a technology strategy and managerial position
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing large-scale, complex programs and projects
- Training and experience with Agile practices
- Understanding of the principles of finance and cost benefit analysis (e.g., payback, ROI, ROE, NPV, etc.)
- Experience leading or being part of a high-growth project team, requiring frequent recruitments, strong agility, frequent changes to plans…
- Real capability to exemplify a highly collaborative mindset and escalate issues in a manner that is effective and direct
- Easiness to build strong relationships with peers and colleagues across the Group R&I organization, and with key business clients
- Eagerness to serve as a trusted advisor to the Digital Champion Group R&I, Virtual R&I team, clients and stakeholders
- Understanding of business strategies, values, goal and objectives
- Communication ability to present status, risks and issues in a direct and timely manner
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.