Process Safety EngineerJob ID 11481 The Woodlands, Texas, United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
- Lead (facilitating, conducting, documenting) Process Hazard Analyses at Novecare plant sites (being a guarantor for the risk assessment process); applying risk-reduction strategies to mitigate process risks associated with Process Hazard Analyses
- Support plant on compliance requirements for OSHA PSM & EPA RMP and local/State regulations
- Review projects, changes and activities to ensure Process Safety issues are identified and addressed.
- Ensures Process Safety incidents are adequately addressed. Participates in and/or validates medium level and above investigations as assigned.
- Support plants during FM Global Insurance audits; Provides technical expertise to sites towards FM Global expectations and recommendations in the process safety field
- Help assigned plants implement the Process Safety Management aspects of Solvay’s management system
- Longer term: participates in internal Dakota regulatory compliance audits
- Keeps current with process Safety requirements and regulations
- Maintain high HSE culture in the SOLVAY Novecare USA sites
- Reviews activities to ensure Process Safety issues are addressed adequately
- Follow all site safety rules and procedures
- Ensure that Health, Safety & Environment standards are observed and maintained.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) in Chemical, Mechanical, or Environmental Engineering. Specific education or training in Process Safety Management, Regulatory Management is a plus.
- Strong chemical and process background which enables the person to lead, develop, and review the technical and regulatory requirements for the plant. A minimum of 3 years of experience in an industrial setting within the chemical industry or Oil & Gas is required with an emphasis on Process Safety. Practice of Process Hazard Analysis tools (Hazop, LOPA,...) is a plus. Familiarity with batch and continuous processing is a plus.
- Must have the ability to travel from 50% - 70%
- Strong aptitude in interpretation and implementing existing and new regulations
- Good understanding of compliance requirements and governmental audit processes
- Good understanding of HSE Management Systems designed to promote continuous improvement in process safety, and HSE in general
- Good understanding of internal and external audit procedures and incident investigation techniques
- Organized and reliable, produces rigorous work
- Ability to produce results on own and through others
- Autonomous & takes easily initiatives
- Collaborative & open minded
- Solutions & achievement driven
- Able to adapt his/her communication to different levels; not afraid to bring bad news
- Ability to work in complex and changing environment
- Any foreign language is a plus in a multi-national company like SOLVAY
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.