Site Safety & Regulatory Affairs ManagerJob ID 11337 Stamford, Connecticut, United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
- Ionizing Radiation Report, Biomedical Waste Report, Sewer Discharge Permit, General Permit To Limit Potential To Emit (GPLPE) – air permit, Biennial Waste Report
- Report to the CT DEEP any spills of hazardous materials
- Tier II Report
- Confirm & renew RCRA waste generator status annually. Maintain 3 calendar years of all waste shipment manifests and related documents.
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA):
- OSHA 300 Log – maintain OSHA logs throughout the year & post previous year’s report onsite
- Ensure mandatory weekly inspection of the waste central accumulation area is completed & maintain two years of records. Periodically survey lab areas to ensure waste is not exceeding Satellite Storage area limits.
- Interface with the waste vendor for removal from the site.
- Ensure all items to be transported off-site are correctly labeled. Sign all waste manifests. Ensure the transporter has the correct documentation & placards.
- Arrange for High Hazard or Refrigerated waste pickups as needed.
- Ensure that there are appropriate supplies for waste collection & labeling available to the lab generators.
- Develop an annual training schedule for staff, including topics appropriate for the 3 separate types of personnel at the site (Admin, Shop & Lab). Develop & present content for the scheduled topic at monthly department safety meetings.
- Provide New Employee Safety training for all new employees.
- Interface with and provide guidance as needed regarding safety & security procedures to non-Solvay staff (receptionist, cleaning crew & building owner’s representatives & external contractors as required).
- Ensure Emergency Response Team (ERT) members are trained appropriately – arrange annual refresher training for 1st Aid / AED / CPR training.
- Provide & present to the Site Leadership team the monthly Safety Dashboard. Submit monthly and quarterly data to Solvay Corporate and participate in the monthly GBU safety manager’s conference call
- Plan and manage the site’s annual Safety Day.
- Ensure that various building safety related signage is correct and maintained.
- Schedule & track regular inspection events by internal staff for lab spaces.
- Maintain evacuation related areas & equipment. Manage annual drill.
- Provide assistance to HR / WC in managing an injured employee return to work.
- Perform the duties of the site’s Radiation Safety Officer.
- Investigate all reported potentially serious incidents & accidents. Respond to any reported upset conditions (chemical spills, fire & injuries).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry and/or Chemical Engineering is preferred.
- 10+ years of applicable safety leadership experience in the chemical industry.
- Detail-oriented and have excellent organizational skills
- Willing and able to take initiative and lead programs
- Be tech savvy with respect to common Google Suite and MS Office applications
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others
- Supervisory & Leadership skills
- High level of ownership and contribution.
- Interpret, apply, and comply with government regulations.
- Analytical skills and accuracy in data recording.
- Problem solving and process oriented.
- Sets an environment of continuous improvement to ensure maximum results.
- Balances immediate and long-term priorities.
- Able to motivate and guide employees / show empathy while being strict.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.