PA Technical Service Associate EngineerJob ID 10991 Stamford, Connecticut, United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
- Develop and report pertinent technical data in customer focused projects
- Technical lead for manufacturing scale-up of new products
- Provide appropriate recommendation of Polymer Additives products to customers
- Visit customers, present at conferences, and gather information of customer/market unmet needs
- Stay up-to-date with technology development in core market segments
- Work with plant to implement and adopt advanced in-process QC technologies
- Qualification of New raw material sources
- Maintain calibration and maintenance schedule for designated PA laboratory equipment
- Document, maintain and update Laboratory TSR Project database in accordance to Stamford Lab Procedure
- Coordinate and execution of Joint Customer Technical Service Work Request (TSR) in a timely manner
- Work together with field Technical Service and Sales Team to provide data summary and project update on a monthly basis
- Participate in lab operations including polymer processing, data acquisition, data summary, data analysis, preparation of interim and final customer presentations and project updates for customer related projects.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering or Related Field
- 0-5 years’ experience in polymer field
- Able to troubleshoot and problem solve technical issues
- Operation of typical polymer testing and measuring equipment: injection molding, polymer extruder, colorimeter, gloss meter, physical property (Instron), thermal oven, QUV, Melt-flow Tester, heated press, etc.
- High Analytical Skills – Insightful analysis of data.
- Strong customer orientation and marketing/commercial mindset.
- Proactive, initiative, entrepreneurial, dynamic, flexible and able to multitask.
- Extroverted, pronounced interest in new ideas, high level of creativity.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Able to work in a team setting.
- Able to engage in innovation dialogues with customers.
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and maintain projects on target and on schedule.
- Customer focus: candidate required to be dedicated and sensitive to the customer needs.
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.