Mineral Processing Research ScientistJob ID 9772 Stamford, Connecticut, United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
For the Global Business Unit Peroxides of Solvay, we are looking for a Mineral Processing Research Scientist to join the R&I Applications team.. This individual will work in close collaboration with the Peroxides Business Development team, and the Technology Solutions (TS) R&I team. The position is based in the TS Research Center in Stamford, Connecticut, and reports to the Peroxides R&I Applications Lab Manager.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
- Define research program, design and implement the lab tests
- Report and communicate the results of your work, your conclusions and recommendations, both internally and externally
- Propose new ideas and run the required tests for feasibility assessment
- Define and perform industrial-scale trials
- Ensure a technical watch of your research interests
- Identify opportunities for IP protection, and provide support for patent applications or for product registration purposes
- Coordinate work requests to other departments (e.g. Corp. R&I)
- Collaborate with other internal departments (R&I (Peroxides, TS), S&I, …) and with external suppliers
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- PhD in Mineral Processing or related disciplines
- A minimum of two years of research experience in the field
- Interest for lab work and hands-on lab experience
- Demonstrates capacity to innovate and curiosity towards technologies & products
- Flexibility and open-mindedness
- Strong collaboration skills, linked to the necessity to interact with other departments (TS R&I), other functions (marketing and business teams) and customers
- Pro-active and creative in proposing solutions and operational improvements
- Good organizational skills to manage the workload and ability to work autonomously. Notion of project management tools is welcome
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.