Regional Reliability Engineer- Central USAJob ID GBU008569 Snyder, Texas, United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Solvay is a multi-specialty chemical company committed to developing chemistry that addresses key societal challenges. We innovate and partner with customers in diverse global end markets. Novecare develops leading edge technologies that affect the behavior of fluids to give them cleansing, softening, moisturizing, hydrating, gelling, texturizing, penetrating or dispersing properties. Its products are found in shampoos, detergents, paints, lubricants, plant protection, mining and oil extraction.
The reliability engineer’s primary focus is to develop, cost effective equipment strategies for all equipment and facilities in plants. As such, the engineer will work with plant personnel and Novecare Reliability Managers to develop the strategic and tactical plans to attain that goal. The plans will include the PM/PdM program(s), standards, analytical processes, documentation management and KPIs. The plans will also consider the need to be involved in other, on-going initiatives such as Manufacturing Excellence programs (including TPM), projects and personnel development.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
- Develop, maintain and coordinate the administration of a world class PM/PdM maintenance program for the plant(s) including inspection procedures, frequencies, employee training, quality assurance, deficiency mitigation, auditing, and records management, to encompass corporate and legal requirements such as MI and ISO 9002/2000 certification.
- Use predictive technologies combined with historical information to identify dominant deterioration and failure modes, causes/effects of deterioration, and corrective actions required (failure analysis and mitigation)
- Monitor the work order systems to identify opportunities for improvement by eliminating repeat failures.
- Develop engineering solutions to maintenance problems, including ways of reducing or eliminating the need for maintenance through equipment replacement or improvement of work practices.
- Work with the production and technical departments to develop critical equipment lists, spare parts inventory and reliability strategies for the critical equipment.
- Failure analysis and corrective action support for maintenance technicians
- Assist maintenance and operations personnel as needed in equipment trouble-shooting
- Work closely with operations departments in solving problems required to maximize the OEE of the plant using the ReSOLv maintenance excellence process.
- Support the maintenance departments in the planning and coordination of PM and MI activities
- Identify, scope, and execute small capital projects associated with improving plant reliability.
- Support project engineers in the recommendation and specification of equipment for providing the plant with a reliable and robust installation.
- Develop and refine plant equipment technical specifications and standards
- Support ME initiatives (SOLMAX, SOLWOM, 5S, KanBan, TEC, etc.) and champion TPM.
- Define and implement equipment filing systems, both electronic (SAP and LAN) and hard copy.
- Improve communication between departments at the plants whenever possible.
- Continuously upgrade personal technical skill levels to assure application of best available technology and techniques for addressing maintenance/reliability issues
Education and Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good computer skills with working knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel (knowledge of MS PowerPoint, Google Apps and general understanding of databases is a plus).
- General knowledge of plant reliability practices, preventive/predictive maintenance practices, mechanical integrity, failure analysis, continuous improvement, and efficiency measurement.
- Working knowledge of Computer Based Maintenance Management Systems (SAP knowledge a plus)
- Working knowledge of manufacturing practices and process optimization (familiarity with batch and continuous processing a plus).
- Familiarity with Industrial Hygiene concepts and Personal Protective Equipment.
- Understanding of OSHA standards relating to personnel and the impact of mechanical equipment and instruments on process safety.
- General awareness of air, waste, wastewater, and storm water environmental regulations.
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.