Customer Technical Development EngineerJob ID ASI000021 Singapore, Central Singapore Community Development Council, Singapore;
This position will provide professional and timely technical expertise to customers, to initiate and/or support commercial team to develop new market, application and development; and to support the promotion of the company’s products, in order to develop the Specialty Polymers business. He/she will report to the Customer Technical Development Regional Manager, Asia.
- To provide the technical service and support to the all the accounts located in the TW/SEA region (including application / development support, material selection, part design review, tooling design review, molding trial running , troubleshooting and productivity improvement etc.)
- To provide technical marketing support to the commercial team for marketing documents, marketing programs, trade shows and seminars etc.
- To provide market intelligence, development trend for global new product development and product optimization
- To track, communicate and report the status of the development products situation with global R&D team.
- To manage and develop long term relationship with the customers that he /she is assigned for.
- To share with his /her expertise with marketing team, support to build up one total-solution team.
- To organize tech days and seminars.
- At least a Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or Polymer Science
- At least 5 years working experience in the field of engineering plastics technical support, or tooling design, manufacturing & molding process
- Knowledge in Fluoropolymers will be a plus
- Good process troubleshooting skill
- Strong experience in developing new plastics product application
- Strong understanding of Moldflow / CAD / CAE technology, good at its translation to tooling and application development
- Business understanding of engineering polymers in application for EE, Auto, consumer goods etc
- Able to know the basic knowledge of injection molding, extrusion and blow molding etc
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Strong desire for success, self-motivated and proactive
- Language fluency in Chinese, Malay or Japanese will be a plus
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.