Plant ControllerJob ID 11352 Shreveport, Louisiana, United States; Long Beach, California, United States; Princeton, New Jersey, United States; Houston, Texas, United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
- Organize and coordinate the forecasting process and create annual budget with cross-functional teams in the plants,
- Provide the GBU Controller with information relevant for the preparation of the GBU budget and rolling forecasts (mainly fixed costs, possibly variable costs, capex, inventories and other performance KPIs)
- Ensure the reliability of cost accounting key figures and P&L reporting
- Perform performance monthly reviews (labor and maintenance cost, material costs, manufacturing overhead, distribution cost, returns and inventory levels) with plant management, including analysis & recommendations aiming at enhancing the financial performance & optimizing assets.
- Analyse potential NPI inventory items monthly.
- Participate in development CAPEX projects and, once implemented, monitor performance on an ongoing basis. Report to management.
- Attend plant production meetings and perform walkthroughs of the plants with the Plant Manager to discuss production and costing issues.
- Perform internal controls at the plant for finance. Assure adherence to Group Finance standards and procedures, and deploy internal controls and messages on site, raise awareness within site team.
Education and Experience:
- B.S in Accounting or Finance Degree CPA with 2+ years public accounting (audit) preferred
- 3 years of manufacturing accounting experience. - Strong analytical capabilities – Project management and cross-functional communication skills.
- Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports and projections with a strong attention to detail in accordance with the Group management cycles calendar.
- Ability to analyse financial results and suggest a plan for improvement where needed.
- Must have strong technical and analytical skills with solid cost accounting background.
- Ability to monitor budget vs. actual and implement monitoring through appropriate cross functional teams.
- Deliver timely accurate financial information, challenge & advice to plant management team for decision making.
- Proactive involvement in compliance and audit.
- Strength with Office software : extensive use of Excel; Excellent PC and related systems skills; SAP, Business Objects and Business Warehouse knowledge a must
- Demonstrated ability to make solid, objective, ethical decisions.
- Able to maintain strict confidence in financial sensitive information, and demonstrate a high level of integrity.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse environment and interact effectively with other groups and departments, clients and partners.
- Ability to multitask and function in a matrix organization a must.
- Willingness to continuously learn and be open to feedback to improve individual performance.
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.