Production EngineerJob ID GBU008280 Santa Fe Springs, California, United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
Adhere to all plant HSE standards, policies and procedures.
Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
Manage assigned projects under the supervision of the manager and take corrective actions when necessary.
Manage production ERP system data
Execute specific studies about plant performance, production capacity utilization, and the effectiveness of process improvement projects.
Identify ways to increase product yields & reduce variables costs. Utilize process models to evaluate cost reduction opportunities.
Execute test production trials in industrial plants in order to evaluate the quality of product, the capacity, the cost, or other impact on the production of the plant. Analyze and define modifications to the production process needed to produce the new product.
Provide process engineering assistance to troubleshoot operational problems, minimize unit interruptions, and maximize asset utilization.
Manage production work instructions, standard works and job aides.
May provide day-to-day operational assistance to the Units on an as-needed basis.
Reconcile process data used in analyzing unit and equipment performance.
Provide process inputs to all site related CAPEX projects involving equipment and process modifications for continuous improvement and support of new product introduction.
Provide technical support collaborating with Quality Engineers, Production and work cell team to respond to all customer issues, quality escapes and other systemic quality issues.
Lead and participate in Area Improvement Team projects.
Reduce downtime and MTF (Mean time between Failure).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Industrial or similar engineering discipline
- 2+ years of process design or related manufacturing experience
- The ability to work independently and to take smart risks
- Creatively/out of the box thinking to generate new ideas
- Strong collaboration skills with multifunctional teams and internal clients
- Experience with the design/improvement of manufacturing processes
- Familiarity with managing small projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Six Sigma
- Experience with SAP
- Due to US Government ITAR regulations only US citizens will be considered for this Solvay location
- This is a Union facility
- Core working hours are 5am-1:30 pm
- Public transportation is not an option for this site.
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.