Plant ManagerJob ID GBU008283 Santa Fe Springs, California, United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Solvay is a multi-specialty chemical company committed to developing chemistry that addresses key societal challenges. We innovate and partner with customers in diverse global end markets. Solvay Composite Materials combines 50 years of technology heritage to bring a comprehensive product portfolio, expertise in material design, and extensive process engineering solutions to our customers. As the partner of choice for advanced materials development, we deliver optimal material solutions to address our customers’ most challenging demands for new high-performance materials to improve durability and production, while offering weight savings for the end application.
The Santa Fe Springs Plant Manager reports to the Operations Director – EU Industrial, and is responsible for all operating aspects of a Process Materials distribution and manufacturing site. The Plant Manager will be a key contributor to the Process Material business, especially in North America, working closely with Customers, Commercial, product Management and Supply Chain to provide a leading-class customer service to the NA Process Materials customer base. He or she will lead a cross-functional site leadership team to deliver business results with a high level of urgency and collaboration with all site employees, and must value Safety, Quality, Customers, and People.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and ownership in driving continuous improvement in Health, Safety and Environment, and instilling SAFETY as a VALUE.
- Lead efforts to identify, action plan, and eliminate quality concerns or feedback, and improve our overall customer experience with our products and service levels.
- Drive site performance and accountability through coordinated metrics, tracked through scorecard management against site objectives that tie back to GBU goals.
- Provide site leadership and continuous operational performance in a cross-functional, global, matrix organization.
- Develop close and effective relationships with Commercial and Product Management functions and especially with key customers, both to build their confidence in SFS as a supplier, and also to gain a clear understanding of, and then meet, the market requirements.
- Lead employee engagement in a dynamic site with a challenging market position and tight margin product line.
- Responsible for maintaining harmonious and productive labor relations with the labor union.
Education and Experience
- B.S., Mechanical/Chemical/Materials Science Engineering or equivalent
- 10 years of operational or technical leadership experience in a supply chain or manufacturing environment
- MBA or demonstrated continuing education desired
Supply Chain or Operations Leadership professional with demonstrated record of having delivered production performance improvement through the application of modern process improvement techniques (Lean and Six Sigma)
Demonstrate experience of operating in highly competitive, short lead time market place, with shifting customer product requirements and frequent new product development.
Proven record of having managed Operations within a Matrix Organization in driving manufacturing performance.
Ability to direct the manufacture of materials in accordance with approved procedures and safety requirements at minimal cost, assuring the customer receives a quality product on time.
Take an active ownership role in driving the HSE improvement efforts of the SFS facility with specific responsibility for ensuring adherence to company and country Health Safety and Environmental Standards and procedures for the Quality Assurance Department. Ensure policies procedures and practices meet all legislative requirements and corporate requirements.
Lead across Matrix functions to deliver continuous improvement in product quality performance. Work closely with the Quality and Process Engineering and the Six Sigma resources and utilize Lean and Six Sigma tools to deliver continuous improvement in product and process performance and line efficiency.
Develop and execute cost control and labor efficiency initiatives to drive Santa Fe Springs to be a competitive provider of Process Materials.
- Attracting, developing & engaging talent
- Bias for action & achieving results
- Customer service orientation
- Change Leadership
- Confidence, courage & conviction (business toughness)
- Good judgment and decisiveness
- A mind for strategic planning & execution
- Ability to apply industrial/technical knowledge to the composites environment
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.