Patent AttorneyJob ID 9638 Princeton, New Jersey, United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
- Draft, file, and prosecute patent applications,
- File and prosecute US national stage counterparts of PCT applications,
- Management of patent drafting, filing, and prosecution services provided by outside US and foreign counsel, and
- Preparation of opinions regarding freedom to operate, validity of third party Intellectual Property (IP) rights, and other IP-related matters.
- Assist in management of IP portfolio for various business units
- Negotiating, drafting, and counselling business units in regard to IP-related agreements, and
- Support intellectual property litigation.
Education and Experience:
- BS in chemical engineering, chemistry, or materials science (graduate degree chemical engineering, chemistry, or materials science a plus)
- Graduate of accredited law school
- Licensed to practice law and in good standing in at least one State
- Registered to practice and in good standing in US Patent and Trademark Office
- 2-4 years of experience in drafting and prosecuting applications relating to chemical industry in corporate or law firm environment
- Ability to understand and apply patent law principles in an international context
- Familiarity with US Patent Office Electronic Business Center systems (EFS Web and PAIR)
- Familiarity with PCT rules and procedures regarding the handling of international patent applications
- Excellent written and oral English language communication skills (proficiency in additional language(s) a plus)
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels within the organization, particularly at the interface of business, IP law, and technology
- Comfortable working in a multinational, multicultural professional environment
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.