Infrastructure Site Services CoordinatorJob ID 11111 Princeton, New Jersey, United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
- The Infrastructure Site Services Coordinator (ISSC) will be responsible for the following:
- Develop working relationships with site management
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Capable of performing basic project management functions like budget management, resource balancing and project time tracking.
- Ability to assist with contract negotiations and provide guidance, influence requests and provide solutions to customers.
- Responsible for oversight of regionally assigned sites.
- Function as primary escalation point for all IT related issues at supported locations.
- May be called upon to lead infrastructure projects and to provide IT related technical recommendations and solutions. This includes recommending and implementing solutions concerning computer related hardware and software to enhance the computing environment.
- Will be called upon to leverage specific areas of expertise and to participate in regional/global projects.
- Will function as a liaison between site management teams and corporate IT to assist in helping sites determine needs and to plan for any required enhancements to meet needs of future projects.
- Will be a contributing IT team member responsible for promoting, implementing, and enforcing corporate standard policies, procedures, hardware and software.
- Providing a full range of IT support services to a selected number of sites as well as providing oversight and occasional project management and implementation as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science/Business Computing/IT Management or equivalent experience in the IT/IS field
- Two years of related experience
- Familiarity with IT infrastructure in a chemical manufacturing environment
- Networking experiencing including but not limited to VLANs, TCP/IP, routing and switching
- Understanding of network cabling (CAT5e, 6 and Fiber Optic) technologies
- Must be able to travel as required
- The ability to interface with varied levels of personnel (shop floor to plant management)
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.