Sr. Quality EngineerJob ID GBU007482 Piedmont, South Carolina, United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Solvay is a multi-specialty chemical company committed to developing chemistry that addresses key societal challenges. We innovate and partner with customers in diverse global end markets. Solvay Composite Materials combines 50 years of technology heritage to bring a comprehensive product portfolio, expertise in material design, and extensive process engineering solutions to our customers. As the partner of choice for advanced materials development, we deliver optimal material solutions to address our customers’ most challenging demands for new high-performance materials to improve durability and production, while offering weight savings for the end application.
The purpose of the Senior Quality Engineer position is to establish and improve Quality practices and procedures pertaining to the design, manufacture, and validation of materials for aerospace and emerging industrial applications. This position is also responsible for the design and evaluation of Quality Systems, sampling plans, inspection methods, root cause investigation, corrective action implementation, and is responsible for reviewing and recommending solutions to quality problems from internal and external customers.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with operations to enhance the quality and reliability performance of products. Establish and maintain appropriate documentation as required for Quality Systems activities.
- Evaluate and/or design sampling plans and process control plans .Evaluate and recommend inspection gauges and test equipment.
- Lead area specific Material Review Board activities and participate in related activities, failure analysis and corrective action investigations. Lead and support Corrective Action investigations and tasks, to determine root cause and corrective actions needed.
- Support manufacturing in analyzing manufacturing product lines to determine how or where, within the manufacturing or inspection process, the root cause of non-conformances or customer complaints exist.
- Identify quality performance, trends and corrective action by coordinating with customers and suppliers. Ensures compliance to specified quality requirements by performing in-house and supplier audits and surveys. Develop and initiate programs to improve supplier performance.
- Develop statistical process controls by applying and maintaining applicable control charts. Analyze data by completing ANOVA, DOE, GR&R, Capability, FMEA, and SPC as required.
- Refine and enhance products and processes by applying continuous improvement and key lean manufacturing principles and techniques to critical areas of production.
- Represent company by interfacing with customers and assisting with internal and external audits. May act as main contact in audit. Develop and coordinate corrective action procedures and plans.
- Comply with customer requirements by studying existing and new specifications, ensuring adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- May provide leadership to others in department. Act as main contact on multi-site projects. Establish goals, objectives, and metrics required to complete projects. Train and mentor less experienced employees.
- Share specialized knowledge with others. Represents company on high-level projects. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities (e.g. continuous improvement).
Education and Experience
- Must have Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) experience
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.
- Thorough knowledge of state-of-the-art inspection and quality inspection and quality engineering/assurance techniques, procedures, instruments, equipment, theories, principles and concepts and general business operations.
- Background in aerospace or serial automotive manufacturing with knowledge legal and regulatory requirements related to field including export control and NIST.
- Proven record of customer focused success and participating in cross-organizational teams to solve complex problems.
Knowledge and understanding of AS9100, ISO9001, Nadcap guidelines.
Demonstrated experience participating in and supporting quality assessments, surveillance, and/or audits. Lead auditor experience is required, Auditor certification a plus.
Knowledge of quality performance (or cost-of-quality) using statistical and analytical methods. Knowledge of various complex methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision, reliability, and accuracy of products, processes, and production equipment.
Strong oral and written communication skills, facilitates collaboration and coordination to solve complex problems, and demonstrated experience interacting and effectively communicating with all levels of operations, customer, and executive personnel.
Ability to effectively assess and implement continuous improvement techniques to quality and manufacturing functions.
Ability to use standard business applications software and/or specialized data analysis tools.
Ability to work on a variety of problems of diverse scope and complexity where analysis and evaluation of various outcomes require tradeoffs and negotiation.
Ability to solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways and evaluate alternative solutions that may require coordination across multiple teams.
Ability to routinely apply project management skills and establish goals and objectives to complete projects
Ability to effectively communicate and present information to team members, team leaders, and top management.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Six-sigma Black Belt training highly desired, as is a working knowledge of JMP and SQL.
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.