Internal Auditor (for Paris office) M or FJob ID FIN000318 Paris, Île-de-France Region, France;
Solvay Internal Audit has three offices located in Brussels, Paris and Shanghai, and executes audit missions all over the world (mainly in EMEA zone, South & North America and Asia). The Internal Audit team reports to the CEO and functionally to the Audit Committee of the Board.
Under the supervision of the NAM & EMEA Internal Audit Manager, the Internal Auditor will participate in the different audit engagement steps (preparation, perform audit fieldwork and audit reporting) for various business processes throughout the organization, including corporate business functions and manufacturing plants across Global Business Units (GBUs). The Internal Auditor must have independent thinking skills, professional maturity, and work ethic to perform assignments accurately and with due care.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
- Identify the risks related to the audited entity and define the audit approach
- Verify the knowledge, understanding and application of Group policies and procedures
- Perform tests to ensure that risk mitigating controls are effective and assess the potential risks associated with inefficiency or lack of controls
- Issue recommendations and validate the adequacy of corrective action plans proposed by the auditees
- Contribute to the dissemination of good practices across the Group
- Participate actively to projects led by the department
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or engineering degree required. MBA a plus.
- About 3 years’ experience in a "Big Four" audit firm (exposure to manufacturing industry strongly preferred) and/or in Internal Audit of an industrial company.
- Completion of internship abroad or study abroad program is a plus.
- Fluent in English, Other languages are a plus (eg. German, Portuguese, Italian).
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills, able to work independently and in a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess and maintain the highest degree of security and confidentiality of information.
- The drive to learn, understand and adapt to different thinking styles, learning styles and cultural profiles.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism.
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 50% (including overnight and weekend) throughout different zones.
- A challenging position with international scope in the heart of our organization.
- Being a part of this team means you will become familiar with many different processes, organizations, countries and business environments.
- A well-defined learning & career path with great possibilities to grow, both vertically and horizontally
Entry level (0 to 2 years)
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.