Safety Stores (RPE Maintenance) TechnicianJob ID GBU008308 Oldbury, England, United Kingdom;
A vacancy exists for a Safety Stores (RPE Maintenance) Technician based at Solvay’s Oldbury Site in the West Midlands. Part of the Technology Solutions business unit, the Oldbury site predominantly produces Phosphorus based chemicals for use in a wide range of markets including the Oil & Gas, Electronics, Agrochemicals, Biocides and Scale Inhibitors, Flame Retardants, Metal Treatment, and Pharmaceuticals
To undertake all aspects of respiratory protective equipment (RPE) maintenance at Oldbury Site, in a safe, environmentally compliant and effective manner in line with regulatory requirements and quality specifications, to meet business needs. The site is a upper tier COMAH site and high levels of safety are paramount.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
- Maintenance, inspection, cleaning, replenishing and testing in accordance with manufacturers guidance and regulatory requirements of a full range of respiratory protective equipment and associated equipment used on site
- Prioritisation of workload to ensure equipment is available to meet site needs
- Maintaining a high standard of record keeping for all aspects of RPE maintenance
- Manage stocks of safety related supplies, reordering as required to maintain levels
- Liaising with suppliers, utilising and overseeing contracted out services as required
- General administration and housekeeping of the department
- Provide assistance and holiday cover to the General Stores operation where required.
- Undertake other maintenance work tasks as required to meet business and safety need.
- Take a pro-active role in promoting health and safety initiatives and comply with all safety practices/requirements on the site & the Health & Safety at Work Act
Education and Experience
While full training will be given for all aspects of the role, familiarity and experience in maintenance of RPE would be advantageous, specifically:
- Spiroguide SCBA sets
- Spiromatic/Spirosafe Bail-out sets
- Scott Proflow respirators
- DP1 high pressure airline units
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate technical knowledge and experience to an appropriate level. An apprenticeship (minimum NVQ level 3 or equivalent) within a maintenance or engineering discipline is desirable. A driving license is required to enable distribution of RPE around site.
You will have good communication skills, be thorough, accurate, self-motivated, flexible and confident to work alone. A willingness to undertake training both on and offsite for the benefit of the site and personal development is essential. Familiarity with computer based packages, such as Google Mail and other Google apps and purchase ordering systems would be advantageous. Previous experience in a chemical manufacturing environment would be an advantage.
The role is based on days, there may be a requirement to attend site out of hours to replenish RPE in support of process and maintenance activities or in an emergency situation. The salary is inclusive of committed hours.
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.