Mechanical CraftspersonJob ID GBU009043 Oldbury, England, United Kingdom;
Role of the Mechanical Craftsperson is to undertake all aspects of mechanical trades at Oldbury Site, including both installation and maintenance practices in a safe, environmentally compliant and effective manner in line with quality specifications to meet business and safety needs.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
- Maintaining current high levels of
productivity by efficiently identifying faults on mechanical systems and
effecting suitable repairs in accordance with good engineering
practices and regulatory compliance.
- Maintaining current high levels of safety by ensuring that original equipment and installation standards are maintained in accordance with formal engineering and regulatory standards and specifications. The site is a top tier COMAH site and high levels of safety are paramount.
- Maintaining regulatory compliance of Oldbury Site production processes by undertaking routine maintenance and inspection of safety and process critical equipment.
- Identify, select and install the correct equipment and materials of construction to safely undertake new mechanical installations in compliance with current regulatory standards and good engineering practices.
- Read and understanding technical drawings and following manufacturers calibration and set up configuration data in order to undertake original setup of equipment, and identification and rectification of faults throughout the lifespan of equipment.
- Ensure full compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act, and the Electricity at Work Regulations whilst conducting his duties at Oldbury Site.
- Complete calibration and inspection reports for historical data collection and possible presentation to regulatory bodies.
- Participate in Routine Planned plant maintenance closures.
- Install and maintain safety systems to the appropriate British Standard.
- Use of specialist skills (eg Welding, Rigging, Machining, Plumbing) as appropriate.
- Take a proactive role in promoting health & safety initiatives and comply with all safety practices/requirements.
Education and Experience
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a recognised apprenticeship (minimum NVQ level 3 or equivalent) and be able to demonstrate a technical knowledge and experience to an appropriate level within Mechanical trades area.
Part of the mechanical maintenance team you will have good communication skills, be thorough, accurate, self motivated, flexible and confident to work alone.
Committed hours. Positive response standby. Oldbury site is a top tier COMAH site and high levels of safety are
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.