Day Services or Support OperatorJob ID GBU009044 Oldbury, England, United Kingdom;
Vacancies exist for Day Services/Support Operators based at our Oldbury Site, West Midlands. Part of Solvay’s Technology Solutions Global Business Unit, the Oldbury site predominantly produces Phosphorus based chemicals for use in the Oil & Gas, Industrial Commodities and Agro markets.
Working alongside our shift operating teams the Day Services/Support team are responsible for the safe, environmentally compliant and efficient operation of the site services (steam generation boilers, effluent treatment unit, compressed air generation, nitrogen and water distribution systems) and the site bulk phosphorus offloading and storage facility. In addition these positions provide site wide support to the site production units.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
- As an upper tier COMAH chemical manufacturing facility the primary responsibility is to ensure all operations are conducted in a safe, environmental manner in line with site procedures and quality standards.
- Operation of the site services and bulk phosphorus offloading and storage facility.
- To support production activities and assist other site personnel across the site including such tasks as full manufacturing support, tanker loading, tanker offloading, taking samples, packing out and labelling of product in line with customer requirements.
- Prepare areas of responsibility for maintenance work and the issue of permits to work.
- Troubleshoot process operations, including equipment and process related issues.
- Conduct safety, environmental, production and housekeeping checks and audits.
- Maintain good, accurate process records on time and in full and ensure that complete and accurate handover occurs with the site shift teams at the start and end of each day.
- Maintain a good standard of housekeeping reporting any defects or safety issues identified.
- Member of site emergency team. Communication Co-ordinator or BA Responder.
- Use of Fork Lift Truck and Mobile Elevated Work Platform as required to meet the demands of the job
Education and Experience
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.