Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 24,100 employees in 64 countries, Solvay bonds people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its Solvay One Planet plan crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources and fostering better life. The Group’s innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water and air purification systems. Founded in 1863, Solvay today ranks among the world’s top three companies for the vast majority of its activities and delivered net sales of €10.2 billion in 2019. Solvay is listed on Euronext Brussels (SOLB) and Paris and in the United States, where its shares (SOLVY) are traded through a Level I ADR program.
Solvay Busines Services (SBS) is the global organization supporting internal and external growth by integrating the major end-to-end administrative processes as well as the information services of the Solvay Group, through three strategic objectives: strategic agility and customer centricity, service excellence and talents and innovation.
The main assignments and responsibilities of the IS Assets Configuration Manager are:
- Accountability of consistency and accuracy of the Configuration Management DataBase - CMDB (develops, organizes and maintains CMDB) including IT security compliance with Solvay standards
- Responsible for managing lifecycle of hardware, software, services in the CMDB from their introduction to their retirement (decommissioning) and portfolio rationalization,
- Accountability for services modelization of services into CMDB - Accountable for processes relating to software and hardware asset management
- Develop an internal network with the different stakeholders as service owners, security managers, partners, suppliers to build and enrich the CMDB
- Continuous improvement approach in enhancing the strategies employed in technology spending, as well as in tracking company assets within the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) throughout their lifecycle
- Provide KPI/Metric information and standardized reporting to perform trend analysis (integrity, completion, health of CMDB) and calculate services efficiency.
The IS Assets Configuration Manager will be involved in the Service One Program and be in charge of:
- Finalizing applications portfolio assessment
- Ensuring strong coordination with main programs linked to Service One
- Starting designing CMDB model
- Discovery tool : ensuring the selected tool will answer to several needs within Solvay
- Point of contact as reference in front of ITSM integrator regarding CMDB & Discovery tool
- Managing inter-dependencies with other projects as Service Management Fundamental, MoveToCloud and Security topics (Detect & Control, Security Risk Management project).
The IS Assets Configuration Manager will be in contact with the following main stakeholders: assets owners, service owners, ITSM tool responsible, IT security teams (...).