HSE Engineer/SpecialistJob ID 9552 Longview, Washington, United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
We are currently recruiting for a Health, Safety and Environmental Engineer / Specialist to organize and direct an effective Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) program to ensure compliance, education, accident prevention, and continuous improvement of HSE performance and culture for our plant in Longview, WA.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
- Deploy the Group HSE policies, programs, and tools.
- Review and propose site-specific adaptations and improvements to Group HSE programs and tools.
- Administer Industrial Hygiene program.
- Ensure all site activities respect applicable HSE regulations.
- Manage environmental permits and renewals.
- Organize and conduct HSE audits and inspections, and identify improvement areas and recommended preventative or corrective measures.
- Manage waste streams and recycling and disposal of material.
- Collect rainwater, wastewater, solid waste, and stack gas samples, arrange analysis, and interpret and report results.
- Negotiate with public authorities regarding HSE matters under supervision of the Site Manager.
- Represent the site during HSE audits.
- Prepare all necessary documentation for the various stakeholders.
- Train or support training of employees and subcontractors in HSE matters.
- Provide information regarding changes in HSE legislation.
- Ensure the exchange of best practices and relevant experiences.
- Actively participate in the Safety Management Advisory Board (SMAB).
- Lead Risk Assessment (Process Hazard Analysis, PHA) Studies.
- Provide advice regarding HSE aspects to take into account in the design and construction of new and modified equipment, processes, and facilities.
- Develop the site specific HSE objectives, programs, procedures, and tools, and ensure their deployment and effectiveness.
- Develop and deploy site HSE risk management plans and site emergency plans.
- Develop, deploy, and monitor HSE involvement, awareness, and education programs for employees and contractors.
- Define HSE capital investment projects.
- Ensure all accidents and near misses are reported, investigated, analyzed to determine the root cause, and effective action items are implemented.
- Organize and conduct HSE audits and inspections, identify improvement areas, and recommend preventative or corrective measures.
- Collect, analyze, calculate, and report data and information regarding HSE performance.
- Define and track HSE Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Organize HSE Management System and HSE compliance documentation.
Education and Experience:
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.