Maintenance Planner/SchedulerJob ID 9683 Long Beach, California, United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
- The primary functions of the plant clerk include but are not limited to performing clerical, administrative and/or warehouse duties in an office setting.
- Regular, reliable attendance at the worksite or assigned work location.
- Follow all safety and environmental rules, regulations and procedures as set forth by company policies and MSHA.
- Follow all company policies and local, state and federal regulations for safe working procedures.
- Answers phones, takes and relays messages and forwards callers to the appropriate staff members.
- Greeting and assisting visitors to the office in a courteous manner.
- Retrieving and filing reports and documents in the correct places.
- Answers inquiries by clarifying desired information, researching, locating and providing information.
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers, scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems and personal computers.
- Sort, prioritize and distribute incoming mail.
- Perform data entry timely and accurately.
- Duties may also include other clerical, warehouse or maintenance program duties as determined by supervision.
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Inexperienced and/or new to role (1-year or less).
- Positive attitude and excellent people skills.
- Quick and accurate data entry skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with deadlines.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook experience.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Good safety, behavior and attendance record.
- The selected candidate will be required to work collectively in a team environment with other co-workers and managers.
- Willingness to do other work as needed, including heavy labor.
- Willingness to work outside in all weather extremes.
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule, including swing shift, graveyard shift, over time and weekends as required.
- Ability to work near, around or on light or heavy equipment.
- Lift objects of various dimensions and up to 75 lbs occasionally and 50 lbs frequently.
- Ability to repeatedly climb stairs and ladders.
- Ability to repeatedly balance, bend from the trunk, crawl, kneel, push and pull objects.
- Ability to use vibration producing tools frequently.
- Ability to tolerate working outdoors in all environmental temperatures and weather conditions.
- Ability to repeatedly reach, squat and tolerate prolonged standing/walking/sitting.
- Ability to frequently walk on uneven surfaces.
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.