HSE EngineerJob ID 9706 Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
- Enforce all safety, industrial hygiene and loss prevention policies as delineated by chemical group and plant standards.
- Maintain oversight of the Plant Safety Training to ensure that all personnel are trained in an effective and timely manner.
- Conduct Safety Orientation for new, monthly/annual safety training and safety meetings.
- Monitor and report Core Safety Program activities.
- Conduct periodic Safety Work Permit Training and refreshers.
- Write Safe Work Permits
- Assure maintenance of SDS Program for raw materials and intermediates.
- Coordinate process Safety Management Program.
- Plan and set up Process Documentation File for the PSM Library.
- Manage Site safety standards to ensure compliance with corporate standards and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain monthly safety metrics for monthly and annual reports
- Perform all OSHA regulated reporting including OSHA 300 Logs
- Manage Respirator fit test program with company designated medical staff.
- Perform and/or manage safety equipment inspections/checks as needed
- Perform employee and area exposure monitoring as required
- Participate and/or lead PHA, JSA, and PSSR’s as needed
- Support production and engineering in proper creation of Safety Incident Reports and guide them through the investigation and corrective action process.
- Manage PPE program for site
- Site lead for implementation of RC14001, including auditing HSE processes to confirm meeting the site compliance obligations
- Ensure compliance for all environmental agencies and reporting including LDAR program and emissions control
Education and Experience:
- Engineering Degree Required
- Must have a minimum of 5-8 years’ experience working directly in a safety role in a manufacturing environment
- Prior manufacturing Quality experience is desired in addition to Safety and Safety Certification is a plus
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.