Sales Development Manager, North AmericaJob ID GBU008295 Houston, Texas, United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
The Role: Sales Development Manager, North America
- Prospect for potential new customers and convert them into profitable business opportunities
- Meet with the key customer decision makers, delivering value add benefits and building a foundation for a sustainable partnership.
- Collaborate on strategies and service agreements with the customer while educating and informing them on Solvay products, solutions, business models, and market trends.
- Gain market intelligence for new products, customers and applications, increasing market growth and presence.
- Identify strategic goals with a focus on delivering profitable growth, increasing customer satisfaction and improving customer retention.
- Partner and collaborate with key support team members including customer service, supply chain, logistics, operations, technical marketing and the leadership team.
- Prospect for new business by cold calling, networking or other methods producing interest from potential customers.
- Nurture and develop relationships through face-to-face meetings with key contacts.
- Generate new leads and qualify, develop, close profitable opportunities.
- Capture customer profiles, opportunities and sales activities in salesforce.com (designated CRM tool).
- Identify barriers to market, share best practices to improve service levels, and enhance customer loyalty.
- Support the sales team at innovation workshops with key customers to identify “pain points” and deliver innovation solutions that create value
- Provide regular updates and presentations with Solvay business unit partners and the leadership team.
- Attend conferences, tradeshows, networking functions.
- Collect, analyse and translate data into actionable information and communicate results to internal business partners and leaders.
- Collect, analyse, and share intelligence about customers, competitors and markets to help build the business strategy
- Travel: 50%-75%
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in the following disciplines: chemistry, engineering, sales or marketing with 5 years of related commercial experience; marketing, solution-selling, industry expert
Peroxides or chemical experience strongly preferred.
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.