Customer Service ManagerJob ID GBU008319 Houston, Texas, United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
The Role: Customer Service Manager
- Use metrics and other data such as invoice accuracy to analyze problems, identify root cause, and create corrective action plans. Lead self-initiated projects and those identified/assigned by Develop project plans that include due dates and measurable deliverables.
- Support Responsible Care.
- Work with the Export Trade and Compliance related to releasing material blocks for order processing.
- Support to the team in case of CSR absences.
- May be assigned Key account management at the discretion of the business.
Staffing & Training:
- Motivate, mentor and coach the CSR team members to help them achieve their highest performance level.
- Monitor service calls to observe employee’s demeanor, technical accuracy and conformity to company policies.
- Using metrics align and level staffing to meet business requirements and productivity goals.
- Use a regular meeting cadence within the department to keep the CSR Team focused, accountable for results, and informed.
- Customer Relations:
- Research, troubleshoot, and correct transaction problems.
- Reduce waste and streamline processes to achieve increased efficiency and effectiveness.
- Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules, and expedite workflow. Write and maintain procedures that affect customer order processing and the replenishment process
- Answer questions about service.
- Monitor order lead-time and work with commercial to insure that supply chain has adequate lead-time to cost effectively handle customer shipments.
- Proactively work with customer service reps to increase the number of electronic orders.
- Direct CSR's in all import and export activities to insure compliance with all regulatory agencies and ensure on time delivery of product.
- Understanding of Incoterms and appropriate application thereof.
- Distribute accounts to customer account representatives
- Placement of customer account representatives
- Assist account representatives with problem solving
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in a Customer Service in Chemical Manufacturing Demonstrated ability to understand the assigned product lines and customer base or proven ability to gain this understanding (e.g. prior work experience demonstrates this ability).
- 3-5 years of Manager experience
- Exposure to global matrix culture a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of Solvay’s logistics network, or prior experience that would demonstrate the ability to understand this type of logistics network.
- SAP (Sales Distribution Module) experience
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Travel: 0-10%
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.