Chemist (Entry Level)Job ID RI000016 Heanor, England, United Kingdom;
Job Overview and Responsibilities
To assist in this challenge we are seeking an Entry Level Chemist to join our Research and Innovation team located within our R&I Centre in Heanor, Derbyshire.
- Contribute to, and in some cases lead the development of new technologies for the Composite Industry.
- Understand the key business needs of the Composite Industry and target research areas and technology solutions to address these needs.
- Define and conduct or supervise experiments, analyse results, review, fine-tune hypotheses and validate assumptions. Supervision will include safety oversight, task planning, prioritization and training.
- Presenting and discussing research results both internally and externally.
- Support production operations during new product scale-up and as required with issues related to the chemistry of existing products.
- Assist in the review and monitoring of patent/scientific literature relevant to the industry.
- Conduct research in the area of thermosetting polymers and related chemistries to develop leading edge technologies/products for the Composite Materials Industry
Education and Experience
- You will have a Degree (hons) in either Chemistry or Materials Science.
- Demonstrable experience in Aerospace, Automotive or Chemical Products alongside knowledge and experience of thermosetting polymer chemistry in the area of adhesives and/or composites.
- An understanding of Polymer Chemistry and Physics is a required. In addition knowledge of mechanical testing and analytical techniques to characterize composites would be highly desirable.
- You will have good technical and problem solving skills along with high achievement drive.
- Experienced in managing projects and consistently meeting objectives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- The desire to want to progress onto higher levels of responsibility over time.
- Flexibility to travel up to 10% for this role.
- You will need to be eligible to work in the UK.
We offer the successful candidate a very competitive salary and excellent benefits package (including pension, life assurance & bonus) plus other benefits, in a challenging and international work environment in a globally operating Company, plus a broad range of opportunities to develop your career aspirations
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.