Site Planning LeadJob ID 9483 Havre de Grace, Maryland, United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
Directly Reports to: Manager- Planning and Scheduling - (Direct Report of North American Planning Manager)
Dotted Line Reports:Site Manager
- Responsible for all site planning activities at the Havre de Grace (HdG) site.
- Includes finished
goods planning, raw material planning and inventory management.
- Responsible for inventory management - facilitation of SMOG process and primarily RM levels.
- No direct reports related to inventory analysts etc.
- This role is a working lead where the person will be required to understand direct report duties and back up as necessary.
- Focus areas include Health, Safety and Environment, inventory / cash management and customer metric improvements (On Time in Full, Lead Time and Order Acknowledgement).
- This position leads the HdG site in the process outlining supply / demand balance gaps and mitigating actions.
- Responsible for developing the supply plan in support of the monthly demand plan.
- Interacts cross functionally with marketing, sales, manufacturing, supply chain, product management and New Product Introduction (NPI) teams to facilitate the planning process.
- Planning leader at the site and may be member of the site leadership team.
·Site Supply Chain Representative will sit on site leadership team Planning Lead will liaise with Supply Chain Manager
- Responsible for people management and talent enhancement / development of the site planning team.
- Interact across sites where necessary to proactively resolve constraints or mitigate supply issues.
- Responsible for the inventory plan, detailed schedule aligned with master supply plan.
- Responsible to adhere to global planning rules of engagement / processes and use of planning tools.
Education and Experience:
Required Education / Experience
- 8-10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment utilizing a formal ERP system (Baan, SAP, other).
- Proven experience in a manufacturing business working in a demand management or related role.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in supply chain, business, finance, engineering or related area.
- Prior experience with NPI stage-gate process. Change management leadership experience
- Proven track record of delivering results, coaching / developing people and working in a fast paced growth environment
Preferred Education / Experience
- Experience working in a formal S&OP process
- Ideally the candidate will have knowledge of the aerospace business / industry and be well versed in forecasting techniques and KPIs (key measurements).
- Certified in APICS CPIM / CSCP
- Experience with make to order environment.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration
- SAP Experience
Suggested skills required for this role:
- Proficient in Microsoft programs especially Excel (including pivot table use, lookup and macros), PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience with S&OP and working on metrics based continuous improvement.
- Ability to communicate throughout the organization with multiple levels and departments including supply chain, manufacturing, sales, marketing and finance.
- Team player – works cross functionally and globally.
- Good time management skills, ability to handle several different projects at the same time.
Responds resourcefully, flexibly, and positively when faced with new challenges and demands. Willingly and effectively deals with the stress and complexities of various situations. Moves forward productively under conditions of change or uncertainty
Act with Integrity:
Gains the confidence and trust of others through principled leadership, sound business ethics, authenticity, and follow-through on commitments. Demonstrates principled leadership and sound business ethics; shows consistency among principles, values, and behavior; builds trust with others through own authenticity and follow-through on commitments. Establishes open, candid, trusting relationships; treats all individuals fairly and with respect; behaves in accordance with expressed beliefs and commitments; maintains high standards of ethics
Builds and delivers customer-centered solutions that meet as many aspects of desired customer experiences, products, and services as possible. Provides customer-centered solutions that meet local needs, providing service and support and ensuring value, quality and availability.
Performance and Results orientation:
Demonstrates and fosters a sense of urgency, a "can-do" spirit, a sense of optimism, ownership, and strong commitment to achieving goals and organizational success. Manages work and work performance, holding employees and others accountable to effectively and efficiently complete work responsibilities
Analyzes problems, situations, and circumstances and their impacts on the business. Integrates information, guidelines, and requirements from different sources to evaluate alternatives and make / support the business leaders to make effective decisions. Manages overall financial performance and draws accurate, useful conclusions from financial, business, and quantitative information.
Keeps abreast of important trends, both locally and globally, that impact the business or organization (technological, competitive, social, economic, etc.). Understands the position of the organization within a global context and adopts and helps others to adopt a global approach. Understands the unique challenges and/or constraints involved, and the work implications in doing business globally, and the unique business dynamics across cultures
Sets standards, plans for, and improves work performance. Identifies action steps and develops realistic plans needed to accomplish objectives and team goals. Focuses, aligns, optimizes, and improves resources and the use of resources to achieve goals
Prepares and delivers clear, concise, accurate, effective, and persuasive written and verbal materials/messages. Attentively and accurately listens to others. Promotes a free and timely flow of high-quality information between self and others and across the organization; encourages the open expression of ideas and opinions.Uses the full range of communication media.
Influences and motivates others using reasoning, inspiring and consulting as primary tactics. Clearly communicates appropriate information on how employees can contribute to the goals of the organization and articulates a compelling position. Positions and explains ideas and proposals in ways that get support from others
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.