Production WorkerJob ID 9494 Havre de Grace, Maryland, United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Solvay is a multi-specialty chemical company committed to developing chemistry that addresses key societal challenges. We innovate and partner with customers in diverse global end markets. Solvay Composite Materials combines 50 years of technology heritage to bring a comprehensive product portfolio, expertise in material design, and extensive process engineering solutions to our customers. As the partner of choice for advanced materials development, we deliver optimal material solutions to address our customers’ most challenging demands for new high-performance materials to improve durability and production, while offering weight savings for the end application.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
The Production Worker will be assigned to:
•Operate, troubleshoot and perform rudimentary preventative maintenance on an assortment of machines including mixers, coating systems, bagging/rolling/slitting operations, etc.
•Maintain safe and orderly work stations and participate actively in process improvement and safety improvement teams and efforts.
•Prepare adhesives for shipment.
•Transport raw materials, intermediates and finished goods to storage areas throughout Adhesives.
•Fill various shipping containers and assists in draining operations.
•Provide relief for mixing and coating operations.
•Obtain materials and supplies required for mixing operations.
•Maintain qualifications and complies with Advanced Quality System (AQS) Guidelines.
•Enter manufacturing data into the Shop Floor Information System.
•Receive training in areas such as operations practices, inspection techniques, safety, quality control and improvement, etc. as deemed necessary by the Company.
•Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Company.
Education and Experience:
- Three to Five years’ experience in a manufacturing environment. Experience in the US Military will be considered in lieu of manufacturing experience
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US (not on a work visa)
- Must be available to work various shifts on both weekdays and weekends.
- Associates degree in technical discipline or high school diploma or GED
- Mathematical skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and convert in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. The ability to compute rate, ratio, percentage, and to draw and interpret graphs is required in order to perform key functions of weighing roll materials, documenting usage of raw materials, and being able to make adjustments to various processes included in the everyday operation.
- Critical thinking ability: Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. This skill is required in order for the operator to be able to make decisions and ask questions when the process or conditions have changed or been modified, or is in need of such changes and modifications.
- Physical requirements: must regularly lift at least 40 pounds and may lift up to 75 pounds, frequently move at between 500 – 650 pounds and occasionally push/pull 1,000 – 3,500 pounds.
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.