Production EngineerJob ID 9430 Havre de Grace, Maryland, United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
- Assures clearly defined procedures and instructions are documented and issued to support the improvements developed by the Process Engineers.
- Develops and maintains BOM and routings.
- Supports the Operations Manager's and Process Engineers' improvement initiatives.
- Lead role in ensuring process parameters of existing process are in statistical control.
- Evaluates daily performance and identifies and eliminates special cause variations.
- Reports variance reports for all production orders.
- Leads investigation and defines corrective actions for closed job variances.
- Investigates and proposes corrective actions for quality upsets identified by Quality Engineers.
- Transfers engineering instructions for trials and non-standard products into an executable plan.
- Provides day to day technical trouble-shooting for the department.
- Develops system for measuring and reporting performance vs. productivity and quality goals.
- Performs hazard analysis along with SH&E engineers to develop procedures for non-routine tasks.
- Defines operational guidelines in finite scheduling.
- Primary technical liaison with Production Coordinator in the development of training modules.
- Share best operational practices with other Production Engineers.
- Provide technical support in capital improvement projects and development of capital budget.
- Back-up to Production Area Leader as management contact for ERT issues within physical department.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's level degree in Engineering required, Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering degree is preferred.
- Minimum 2-5 years' experience in manufacturing or chemical processing environment.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills are essential to resolve quality and efficiency issues.
- Understanding of Statistical Process Control methodology is required to maintain operating processes at target limits.
- Proficient in written and verbal communication and ability to act as an individual contributor or as a project team leader.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access are required to effectively analyze large volumes of process data to ensure compliance to established control limits.
- Prefer Six Sigma experience in process improvements and optimization.
- An understanding of process flow and how various chemical, mechanical, electrical and pneumatic systems interact to produce a product of the desired quality in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Able to communicate and interact with all levels of colleagues, including the hourly workforce.
- Available to be on-call one week per month.
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.