Maintenance ManagerJob ID GBU004871 Havre de Grace, Maryland, United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
- Participate in objective setting, plan development and review of plant performance.
- Initiate, implement and manage the plant maintenance program, with an emphasis on the planning and scheduling of preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Establish and maintain a computerized maintenance management system for tracking work orders, spare parts and maintenance history of plant equipment.
- Be responsible for the MRO inventory, ensuring adequate parts supply and cost effectiveness.
- Prepare reports, analyze data, and make recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related problems.
- Review the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Initiate and carry out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operation costs
- Track, analyze and improve key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance costs, PM compliance, schedule compliance, etc.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership with regards to equipment / process troubleshooting and design modifications.
- Provide hands-on plant leadership for all capital expenditure projects.
- Plan and implement maintenance and reliability projects, providing direction and technical support to personnel.
- Identify, plan and direct continuous process improvement within the plant.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or related Engineering discipline.
- Minimum 10 years of experience, prefer experience in Chemical Mfg.
- Lean Manufacturing / Six-Sigma training.
- Strong knowledge of integrated process control (IPC) and programmable logic control (PLC).
- Experience in Project Manager, Capital expenditure, Manufacturing, Project Engineering, Microsoft Project.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The employee must be able to climb ladders and work in high, precarious places.
- Strong experience in equipment / process troubleshooting and providing leadership / assistance to Maintenance personnel.
- Strong project management and leadership skills.
- Experience in capital project management and process improvement.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional, self-directed work environment.
- Ability to manage others effective and to lead by example.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, and documentation skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience leading in a union environment.
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.