Logistics SpecialistJob ID 9682 Havre de Grace, Maryland, United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
- Provide backup support to maintain paperwork requirements and communications throughout the order to cash process
- Perform order allocation duties which support our order fulfillment and transportation performance.
- Provide ongoing support to the inventory accuracy efforts at the site, performing counts, driving cycle counts, supporting physical inventories and reporting data versus metrics.
- Establish and maintain improved filing system and audit for adherence.
- Provide support for sample shipment processing
- Adhere to all supply chain related ISO procedures and any applicable cross functional processes to ensure procedural excellence and alignment.
- Manage or participate in special projects as required; travel may be required
- Build and maintain good relationships with carriers, forwarders, and internal customers
- Perform all necessary training and ongoing monitoring of back up support to ensure stability.
- Learn back up responsibilities for allocating product to orders.
- Performing routine inventory transactions, processing of shop orders.
- Learn BAAN systems/ process and procedures related to each function, and obtain required regulatory training.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma and at least three years of industry experience OR a college degree and 2 years of experience including the following:
- Customer Service/ logistics/ customs clearance duties or related functions.
- Experience with ERP and or AS/400 / SAP systems preferred
- Ability to liaison with others cross-functionally within the Supply Chain, customer carriers and forwarders which may require working with multiple processes and procedures.
- Strong capabilities using business planning software, Outlook, Excel, and Word programs.
- Possess a high level of “self-starting” thinking based on the ability to “hear” customer problems
- Highly independent worker, but does require periodic review with manager
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and offer solutions to complex inventory issues or involve the necessary people to ensure proper resolution.
- Ability to analyze reports and data to recommend and enable steps for continuous improvement.
- Ability to make key independent decisions which will eliminate delays and ensure no unnecessary delays to customers.
- Customer focus: Demonstrates service oriented attitude under all situations; Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, and strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Communication: Superior communication skills including listening, verbal and written; verbal selling, negotiation skills, and telephone skills. Demonstrates maturity in dealing with conflict etc.
- Technical/Functional Knowledge and Application: Proficient use and experience with ERP systems. Strong math skills for inventory calculations, data calculations and related tasks.
- Team Work: Develops close working relationships within the Customer Service and Logistics teams, and cross functional with Sales, Replenishment Planning, customer carriers.
- Adaptability: Flexible, adjust readily to new situations while effectively dealing with ambiguity, stress and uncertainty.
- Action Oriented: Self-directed, ability to work with minimum supervision but knowing when to consult others in the organization
- Continuous Improvement: Demonstrates a learning approach towards continuous improvement. Analytical and critical thinking, pro-active mindset
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.