Senior Process EngineerJob ID 8995 Greenville, Texas, United States; Orange, California, United States; Anaheim, California, United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
- Experience resolving product and process capability issues in a manufacturing environment.
- Preferably has experience in composite material / adhesive material manufacturing or other similar continuous web process industries (paper, film, foil, or textile industries)
- Championing Health & Safety
- Experience managing small to mid-sized projects
- Experience in coordinating production/development trials
- Practical knowledge of 6 Sigma including: DFSS (Design for Six Sigma), Quality Functional Deployment, Failure Mode Effects Analysis, process mapping, thought mapping, DOE, Lean and data collection/analysis
- Demonstrated collaboration across different sites and/or cross functional groups
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5-10 years Process Engineering experience
- BS degree in an engineering discipline, mechanical or chemical degree preferred
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification (Desirable)
- Technical problem solving ability and experience with Six Sigma and Lean methodologies
- Self-starter with the ability to direct and prioritize the work of multiple technical and non-technical team members
- Ability to lead problem solving teams to address complex issues using the best industry practices and most cost effective solutions.
- Strong and disciplined project management skills (scheduling, budgeting, etc)
- Flexibility to travel to other locations and work outside normal working hours as required by the projects.
- Strong computer skills including: Google Docs, Sheets, Slides (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Project).
- Strong initiative
- Strong results orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.