Health, Safety, & Environment ManagerJob ID GBU008568 Green River, Wyoming, United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
- Develop and provide technical and administrative direction on all HSEQ decisions, which bear critical importance to overall objectives, operations, and profitability. Responsible for the staffing, directing and coaching of HSEQ Department personnel.
- Direct the resources and activities to support the HSEQ processes by providing advice and guidance to the Senior Management team.
- Continually maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and preparedness to create a culture that prioritizes effective HSEQ and balances overall associated costs and business needs.
- Review internal HSEQ policies and practices to ensure they are current and appropriate; conduct hazard identification, risk assessments and change existing, or develop new recommendations from these assessments.
- Serve as the expert within the field of HSEQ when called upon to address regulatory agency compliance issues, third party safety & liability consultants and subcontractor representatives.
- Provide regular written reports, as well as other production-related results and updates to the Senior Management Team.
- Assist teams in investigation of all incidents (Recordable Incidents, Near Miss and First Aid) and ensure proper records are completed and submitted. Assist in implementation of corrective actions as it relates to the incident and ensure “lessons learned” are communicated throughout the Company.
- Devise, supervise, and coordinate training programs or media which will increase proficiency in safe practices and promote HSEQ consciousness.
- Address specific reporting and record keeping requirements of MSHA, EPA, etc., as well as other pertinent safety/regulatory compliance matters and to ensure project sites are in compliance.
- Provide guidance and leadership with respect to the implementation and maintenance of site HSEQ management systems such as OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001.
- Communicate with external Solvay HSEQ leaders within North America and the Global Business Unit on the status of HSEQ initiatives, processes and site HSEQ objectives.
- Provide guidance and direction of the site security contractor activities.
Education and Experience
- Must have proficient knowledge of safety / environmental programs, state / federal standards and regulations.
- Proficient knowledge of underground mining or surface refinery technology and processes are required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in industrial manufacturing and a minimum of 5 years in HSEQ management. Bachelors degree in Safety, Engineering or technical related field is required.
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office preferred. In depth knowledge of MSHA regulations, ISO 14001and OHSAS 18801 is a plus.
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.