Environmental EngineerJob ID 9786 Green River, Wyoming, United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and/or perform environmental program monitoring and data collection as required
- Ensure corrective action is initiated and completed for continuous environmental compliance
- Coordinate and perform environmental program report generation and submission
- Review, interpret, and implement, when applicable, new requirements and/or regulations
- Perform data calculations, analysis, and interpretation
- Address stakeholder questions and concerns related to environmental performance and/or permitting
- Ensure the management of electronic environmental program databases including: IMPACT, MIDAS, AODocs, and TRI
- Generate maps in AutoCAD, ArcGIS, or Surfer to illustrate environmental impacts and mitigation measures
- Collaborate with stakeholders, governmental and nongovernmental, for improved environmental performance and operation sustainability
- Obtain and maintain required job certifications including: Hazardous Waste Management, Method 9, Underground Storage Tank Class A Operator, and Level 1 Water Treatment Operator.
- Coordinate contractors on site to ensure safe, timely, and quality work product. Ensure third party environmental requirements are satisfied.
- Ensure effective communication of environmental issues to involved parties for continuous site operation and environmental compliance.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- B.S. in Environmental Engineering
- 0-3 years of experience in environmental engineering
- Mining industry experience
- AutoCAD, ArcGIS, and/or Surfer Experience
- Experience working in a multi-national chemical company
- Must possess effective written and verbal communication
- Team and customer oriented
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Ability to analyze written, and verbal information
- Strong clerical skills including proficiency of Microsoft Office, Google Mail, Google Drive, etc.
- Must demonstrate initiative and self-motivation to work with limited supervision
- Promote ethical environmental stewardship
- Ability to understand environmental risks and complex environmental ecosystem interactions.
- Ability to find, review, and interpret environmental laws and regulations
- Ability to work in a safe manner and promote safety leadership
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.