Manufacturing ManagerJob ID GBU008254 Deer Park, Texas, United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
The Role: Manufacturing Manager
As member of the site senior leadership team, the main mission of this position is to business requirements for production and shipment are met safely & on time, with best cost and quality, sustainably, in accordance with QHSE standards, regulations, and customer requirements, while focusing on people development and driving an excellence culture.
- Provide leadership and ownership in driving continuous improvement in Health, Safety and Environment, and instilling SAFETY as a VALUE
- Adhere and ensure compliance to all Solvay Life Saving Rules, plant HSE standards, policies and procedures, and maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Provide leadership and act as a change agent for transformation improvement initiatives, quality improvement, and people development to drive operational excellence
- Work collaboratively with colleagues on site, including HSE, Maintenance, Laboratory, and Admin, and with colleagues at other sites / entities, demonstrating commitment to achieve group objectives and acting as a Solvay global citizen
- Effectively utilize all the resources available including operators, engineers, supervisors, Industrial support team and external experts to achieve site objectives
- Lead employee engagement in a dynamic site
- Direct reports include process engineers, manufacturing superintendent, finished goods superintendent, and site quality coordinator. Direct report ~6, indirect ~32
- Production operations of multiple production units, fixed cost ~$15M, variable cost ~$19M, supporting EBITDA of roughly $15M, annual CAPEX ~$2.0M
- Will gradually receive training in Solvay’s Peroxygens technology
- Occasional (<10%) travel required: training (domestically & abroad), customer support, technology & best practice sharing, business meetings
Education and Experience
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.