Job Overview and Responsibilities
Responsibility: lead end to end Excellence activities within the Excellence Center of the Solvay Group
- To support several Global Business Units (GBUs) in assessing their end to end operational improvement potential in Operations (OEE, Yiled), Material management, finite scheduling, site logistics incl. also capacity, quality, variable and fixed Costs
- To help senior industrial management of these GBUs to define realistically challenging targets and objectives
- To develop and deploy within various sites the change management methodology and toolbox
- To train and support GBU ME Leaders and Site Change Teams, and to ensure the exchanges of best practices and lessons learned between sites, GBUs and between ME Experts.
- To coach Excellence Center projects within one or more production units and sites
- To transfer change management expertise (including toolbox & methodology) to the change leaders /agents, to Middle Management and to workers
- To create the conditions to reach sustainable results and to create a mindset of continuous improvement.
- To propose the change project priorities, to ensure that staff for different projects is properly trained, to lead the projects and monitor the use of the appropriate methodologies and toolboxes, to support the change leaders on the different sites in their projects and transfer progressively the leadership to them.
He will report to the Production Domain Manager within Solvay Excellence Center of Solvay Group.
Activities involve 50-80% travels.
- Challenge business and production processes to identify value creation initiatives end to end across value streams.
- Drive/coach translation of improvement levers into pragmatic improvement plans
- Support deployment of improvement plans in various areas of production, logistics with strong interaction with supply chain and quality, including strong components of change management from the preparation until delivery of sustainable results in collaboration with change teams in manufacturing sites.
- Transfer change management expertis and inspire a Mindset of sustainable continous improvement
- Track change project output (in cooperation with Excellence center corporate team, GBU and Site change leaders)
- Train and coach using the Excellence Center methodologies and toolbox
Education and Experience
- Strong technical and process expertise with significant experience in production (process and/or manufacturing) and site logistics/supply chain for instance in plastics, chemicals or oil&gas industries
- Familiar with demanding (GMP, Automotive,...) quality standards and their impact on product life cycle
- Master/Engineer, preferably Chemical Engineer
- 3-10 years, preferred: Six Sigma Black Belt
- Familiar with industrial environment, data driven and result oriented. Masters key components of Lean Transformation and how to create a culture of continuous improvement
- Strong leadership skills with proven record of embarking teams in challenging journeys
- Strong coaching skills with good ability to impact and influence
- Highly flexible and mobile and used to collaborating in a global multicultural environment
- Native English speaker or equivalent. A second language is a plus (German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, ...)