M&A ManagerJob ID 9931 Brussels, Brussels Capital, Belgium;
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
- Business modelling and financial evaluation of companies in the context of mergers, acquisitions, divestment and joint-venture projects;
- Overall coordination of the project team throughout the project lifecycle (set up of the team and the overall timeline, team animation and team monitoring);
- Preparation, supervision and review of the various internal and external deliverables (Teaser, Information Memorandum, Business Plan, Deal Structuring Plan, Carve-Out Matters, VDD, Dataroom preparation and review, drafting of SPA and Ancillary Agreements…)
- Identification, selection and coordination of the external advisors (investment banks, M&A boutiques, strategy consultants, transaction services consultants, tax advisors…).
- Coordination of all internal stakeholders throughout the project: business teams, finance teams and representatives of the various corporate functions and shared services centers of the Group (tax, treasury, accounting, environmental…).
- Close collaboration with the M&A General Counsel and his team on all legal aspects of the transaction (due diligence, negotiation, contractual aspects, closing process...). The M&A Manager will participate to the entire negotiation process for the transaction(s) under his (her) responsibility.
- Presentation of recommendations to the senior management of the Group.
Education and Experience:
- You own a Master Degree (in General Management, Business Administration or Law), with an extra degree earned in the field of Finance and Accounting.
- You are a professional in equity-related operations (mergers, acquisitions, divestments and joint-venture projects)
- You have a successful experience of min. 4-6 years gained within (i) a corporate M&A team of an industrial company (ideally in the chemicals industry), (ii) a transaction services team of a recognized audit firm, or (iii) an investment banking desk of a leading banking institution
- You are a true team player, collaborative and you are able to work in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
- You are well organized, structured and have strong project management skills
- You are results driven
- You have strong technical skills in the field of accounting, finance and M&A
- You have strong negotiation skills
- You are flexible in terms of travel and working hours requirements
- Fluency in English and French (spoken & written) required.
- Good command of Flemish, German and Portuguese would be an asset
- Conscientious and methodic
- Autonomous and pragmatic
- Dynamic, reactive and flexible
- Diplomatic with high sense of confidentiality
- Trustworthy, loyal and reliable
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.