Head of Digital and Social CommunicationJob ID 9534 Brussels, Brussels Capital, Belgium;
By joining us, you will be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond assisting industries in finding and implementing ever more responsible and value-creating solutions, we are leading the way in advanced materials and specialty chemicals company. Our digital team is a place where you can craft your own path.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
- Develop the awareness of the Group worldwide by ensuring our audiences understand the values, innovation and discover the hidden golden nuggets stories of the 156-year old company;
- Ensure that all businesses are able to achieve business operations through all our adaptable platforms (websites, social media…) in the context of B2B and B2BC operations.
- Seek for digital and social media innovation
- Define, propose, deploy and review the Group digital, website and social media communication strategy and policy
- Define, for the Group, and follow up the governance, rules, guidelines and best practices regarding digital and social communication
- Initiate the development or improvement of digital or social media approaches and tools.
- Initiate changes to the overall platform and architecture based on technological possibilities or changes in the digital and social communication and/or Group strategy.
- Ensure Online reputation management and crisis communication
- Ensure the collection of the digital and social communication needs of internal customers
- Initiate and coordinate major Group digital and social communication programs and ensure their coherence with the strategic objectives and digital and social Communication plan.
- Ensure correct reporting of external & internal impact, insights and best practices to improve Solvay’s impact on target audiences & overall performance
- Propose, advocate and pioneer new usages, tools, mindsets, culture through the Group
- Liaise and represent communication with GBUs, Excellence Center
- Provide EXCOM digital activation and consulting
- Provide expert advice to the different actors involved in the digital and social communication of the Group.
- Present and discuss with internal customers technological possibilities and the applicability for their domain of activity
- Together with the Deputy Head of:
- Define, propose, implement and follow up the entity’s budget, objectives, policies and procedures.
- Inspire & organize the Social & Digital team
- Supervision of existing projects, definition and follow up of digital team members' missions, management of digital communication budget
Education and Experience:
- Experience in leading and managing of worldwide teams
- Experience in digital communication activities for >8 years
- Proven delivery of effective and successful communications strategies
- Successful track record working on transversal projects and engaging with and influencing across departments and stakeholders
- Fluent in English, any other language is an asset
- Strong leadership and management experience
- Strategic vision
- Excellent presentation, facilitation and communications skills
- Strong project management and change management skills
- Good people management skills with the ability to lead and motivate a team to successfully deliver in a complex environment
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.