Global Packaging EngineerJob ID 9914 Brussels, Brussels Capital, Belgium;
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
- build a global overview of current packaging in use within the group;
- review, challenge current specifications of packaging material used and be able to consolidate and improve overall standards of packaging used;
- drive our sustainability agenda related to packaging;
- perform research on all packaging products available in the market and be able to propose the best value options to Purchasing and GBU;
- ensure the compliance of the packaging material used according to internal and external requirements;
- document the engineering protocols and recommend “management of change” conditions for qualification of packaging materials for Solvay;
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering, packaging engineering or material sciences
- 5-7 years of experience in industrial packaging of a variety of different packaging categories (i.e. IBC, FIBC, Drums, corrugated materials, plastic/paper bags, etc).
- Knowledge and understanding of packaging design validation standards (ISO, ASTM, …..etc) and process improvement, quality improvement concepts.
- Good working knowledge of current and leading edge technologies in packaging design, supply chain and purchasing.
- Basic knowledge of pertinent national and international packaging regulations and certifications (UN & DOT)
- Self-starter that requires little oversight
- Must have good communication, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Be able to work independently but in collaboration with teams (Purchasing, GBUs, Sites……etc)
- Demonstrated project management skills and strong business/commercial acumen is a plus point.
- Proven interpersonal skills
- Strong analysis skills.
- Ability to multi-task, change gears quickly, analyze, assess and make appropriate recommendations
- Ability to demonstrate a consistent approach to working with others, have a high degree of honesty, integrity and ethics
- SAP experience is a plus
- Very good command of English
- Good command of French/ German/ Chineese would be appreciated
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.