Application System Design & SupportJob ID 10514 Bristol, Pennsylvania, United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
- While relying on existing commercial solutions, define software specifications within Solvay’s environment.
- Draft installation guides and associated processes.
- Configuration, administration, monitoring and support of applications.
- Roll-out of applications.
- Promotes and contributes to new technology.
- Recommends upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment.
- Create documentation of our systems (applications, network architecture, inventory) and review them regularly.
- Coach members of IT on our technologies, applications, and best practices.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related area.
- A minimum of two years experience in Information Technology.
- Ability to recognize problems, develop solutions and communicate solutions effectively.
- Teamwork ability in a multicultural team.
- Good organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills on the job.
- Handles multiple tasks efficiently.
- Microsoft Windows Servers and Workstations
- TCP/IP and firewall understanding
- Microsoft Office Suite l
- Computer Networking skills
- Being able to read and write scripts on the go
- Google Suite for office documents and communication
- Microsoft Active Directory (medium-light)
- Cloud computing
- Advanced skills on one of the following MES technologies: Aspen Manufacturing Suite (InfoPlus.21, APRM, a1PE); Osisoft PI, including AF and PI Vision;
- Wonderware (Historian and Batch historian, Skeleta)
- Programming language background would be an asset
Solvay is not offering sponsorship for this position at this time.
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.