Chemical Operator CJob ID 9426 Blue Island, Illinois, United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Chemical Operator “C” 1. Upholds quality standards to conform to ISO 9001 and EFfCI policies and procedures 2. must be able to perform all tasks involving samples and adds 3. operate blend tanks and storage tanks 4. able to effectively communicate with other employees, both within and outside the Production Department 5. perform all drumming operations, including unloading fiber and plastic drum trailers and palletizing 6. operate all fork lifts and material moving equipment 7. general set up work 8. janitorial duties as directed 9. utilize appropriate PPE according to job task 10. general laborer work, including housekeeping activities 11. perform required in-process lab analyses 12. generator and handler of hazardous waste utilizing satellite containers—responsible for container labeling and marking, moving containers, and may collect samples to assist with characterization of waste 0. Upholds quality standards to conform to ISO 9001 and EFfCI policies and proc
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
- Completes computer based training to comply with Health, Safety, and Environmental requirements and policies.
- Reviews all safety concerns generated in the database.
- Attends safety meeting bi-monthly. Periodical spontaneous safety meeting, which may include ERT, drills.
- Submits any safety concerns/incidents electronically for review, investigation, and resolution of risk.
- Completes work permits as required.
- Performs housekeeping within area daily.
- Assist in reviewing and modifying safe operating procedures (sop).
- Performs inspection of trailer exterior and interior.
- Reads and make changes according to the operations of the plant.
- Assume other responsibilities as outlined in HSE-056
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma Necessary
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.