Maintenance Manager -Job ID 10659 Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
- Developing cost control/budget forecasting for the departments and will required to establish procedures for staying within budget regarding fixed cost.
- Establishes and leads the department in accomplishing short and long term improvement goals under guidance from the Plant Manager.
- Serves as first point of contact for Maintenance and mechanical issues. Develops high standards for the department and maintains a culture of accountability.
- Oversees the Reliability department to improve equipment longevity.
- Ensures that equipment PMs are developed and executed properly.
- Recognizes equipment problems, immediate and longer term, and formulates action plans for improvement.
- Improves department compliance with work order Planning and Scheduling requirements. Ensures that critical spares are readily available.
- Supports and participates in all required plant Health, Safety, Security and Environmental and World Class Manufacturing initiatives.
- Support capital activities by participating in design reviews and ensuring the maintainability of new projects.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required. Discipline in Mechanical or Chemical preferred.
- Minimum of 7+ years of engineering experience in a production environment.
- Proven experience in team development and leadership.
- Working knowledge of applicable mechanical codes, installation requirements and troubleshooting techniques
- Ability to use various troubleshooting techniques to solve problems
- Proven ability to plan and prioritize to accomplish goals
- Proven experience is developing and implementing WCM and TPM initiatives, to include but not limited to, P&S, TA Planning, Capex process management, FEI/RCA and Cost Management.
- Proficient with SAP.
- Proficient with Microsoft Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- At least three years of union experience in a manufacturing facility preferred
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.