Health & Safety SpecialistJob ID 9437 Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
We are currently seeking for a Health & Safety Specialist coordinate occupational safety and health activities for the facility. The H&S Specialist facilitates the safety program for employees and contractors for our Aroma Performance plant. The position reports to the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of short and long term HSE goals for the site
- Ensure Solvay safety and IH procedures are being implemented.
- Participate in site Industrial Hygiene monitoring (setting up & sampling)
- Manage the on the On-Call Emergency Response & Confined Space Rescue Team (volunteers, training, equipment)
- Coordinate Emergency Response drills for the site
- Update the Emergency Response Plan as needed
- Provide necessary safety and health training to facility employees and contractors. Maintain records and other related documentation in association with this training. Review, revise and update these programs on a periodic basis.
- Support the implementation of RCMS HSE Management Systems
- Maintain policies and procedures in the electronic tool (Policy & Procedure Mgr).
- Coordinate the inspection and certification of safety equipment.
- Provide “hands on” assistance to field personnel on recommendations and specific programs.
- Conduct program inspections and audits, summarize key findings, develop and present recommendations for approval.
- Conduct and document incident investigations and follow-up via the electronic corrective action tracking system.
- Execute job safety analyses, PPE assessments, life critical system audits.
- Participate as a member of NA Zone safety and health audit teams.
- Provide safety & health support as needed.
- Perform auxiliary duties as assigned by the HSE Manager.
Education and Experience:
- BS in occupational and health and safety preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working at chemical, petrochemical or pharmaceutical facility.
- Knowledge of National Incident Management System (NIMS) and Incident Command System (ICS)
- CSP credential or ability to obtain in 1-2 years.
- The physical demands described in this description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift up to 55 lbs. and maneuver up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
- The employee must be trained in the use and be physically able to use the applicable personal protective equipment for specific hazards in the work environment.
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.