Regional H&S ManagerJob ID 9662 Baltimore, Maryland, United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
Solvay Novecare, is seeking a Health & Safety Manager to help support regulatory and compliance initiatives at Baltimore, MD and other regional sites as needed. The role oversees the development and upkeep of all safety, health & environment programs, support with sustainability as well as life critical procedure enforcement.Daily responsibilities could include administering and developing safety and behavioral based training, performing root cause analysis on H&S, process safety and transportation incidents, conducting job safety analysis, researching fire safety and local building codes to support project engineers, SOP development and training.Primary responsibilities will include day-to-day support of Baltimore.Projects could also include small engineering projects, managing contractors related to HS&E projects, program and procedural development along with regular internal auditing to gauge site compliance.The position reports directly through the NA HSE Manager.
The individual will be responsible for all Health and Safety compliance and annual reporting requirements for Baltimore and other regional sites as well as representation of the site with regulatory audits and inspections. The ability to research and find answers to regulatory questions, communicate findings and stay current on industry trends is critical.Expectations are for a hands-on approach in supporting the plants. Work experience in either a refinery or chemical plant with H&S and OSHA PSM general awareness are a must.Travel to the sites is required on a weekly basis, or as requested by management.
This employee will be expected to interface with Operations, Maintenance, Engineering, Environmental Engineer, Regulatory and Supply Chain personnel to identify and implement the best solutions to improve plant compliance and safety.In addition, this role is responsible for keeping plant up to date with new/current internal Solvay practices.Strong organizational skills and ability to work with others are necessary for success.This candidate will also assist with sustainability and PSM related program development and support (management of change, incident reporting with root cause analysis, pre-startup reviews, and job-safety analysis).
Education and Experience:
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- OSHA / NFPA / EPA / DOT / code compliance verification
- Capable of field work to collect and verify data (Seeking hands-on-support of plant operations)
- Proven Innovator
- Must be able to hold contractors and fellow employees accountable for safety compliance.
- Must be able to travel to sites as needed, attend periodic management meetings, training classes, design meetings and process hazard analysis reviews.
- Expected to serve as a site role model, participate in employee engagement activities and be a champion for safety and compliance.
- Be a “subject matter expert” on your area of expertise, and identify annual training programs needed to keep skill-sets current. Consult supervisor for approval.
- Ensure that procedures/processes are being
followed as well as documented. This includes all contractor safety and hazardous
work permits along with adherence and enforcement of “Solvay Life Saving
- Working at Heights
- Work on Powered Systems
- Line Breaking
- Work in Confined Spaces
- Work in Explosive Atmosphere
- Experience with RC14001 and RCMS.
- Support the site’s accounting functions to ensure expense reports, purchase orders and other plant required documentation are completed as needed.
- Experience with AutoCAD and MS Visio for P&ID development a plus.
- Strong understanding of OSHA Health & Safety programs.
- Familiarity with air, water and waste permitting requirements in Maryland.
- Experience with Emergency Management and Response.
- Familiarity with OSH's Process Safety Management Standard
- Experience working in an OSHA PSM covered facility (chemical manufacturing preferred).
- Ability to develop and train staff on HSE and other plant initiatives.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- In depth knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office software.
- also cover future plant expansion projects within the group or within other Novecare facilities).
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.