Aerospace Application EngineerJob ID AER000076 Anaheim, California, United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
The Role: Aerospace Application Engineer
business unit as part of the Research & Innovation organization. This position will support the development of material and process solutions for highly critical advanced aerospace structures which offer performance, economic and sustainability benefits to Solvay’s customers.
Solvay offers a unique and dynamic approach to Research and Innovation and is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to strengthen its Aerospace Application Engineering team.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Support and lead projects requiring material manufacturing, prototyping, tooling, and part
- builds from prepreg, out-of-autoclave, resin Infusion , thermoplastics, amongst other
- manufacturing technologies
- Identify and foster new processes for material deposition, forming and curing to support
- technology adoption on aerospace platforms
- Support characterization and producibility studies of new material developments
- Interact with broader Application and R&I groups
- Support simulation analysis and development for composite part manufacturing and structural performance
- Promote Solvay technologies and articulate value proposition to customers
- Assess technology gaps for future product and process development
- Develop relationships with US aerospace OEM and Tier 1 customer base
- Support US driven development projects
- Provide technical guidance in conveying the voice of the customer
- Establish US customer network
- Support US Aero Application Engineering capability plan
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- Three to Seven (3-7) years experience in the composite materials field
- Experience in modeling and simulation of the composite part of manufacturing and structural performance
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.