Sr. Talent Acquisition SpecialistJob ID HUM001004 Alpharetta, Georgia, United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
We are looking to bring on someone who has the ability to influence and who possesses the following attributes.
- Strategic Talent Knowledge or Mindset – brings the voice of the talent strategy to influence hiring decisions
- Workforce and Hiring Forecasting - working directly with your Business and HR customers to bridge this gap
- Hiring Manager persuasion – challenge – don’t just satisfy hiring manager decisions
- Labor Market Experience – leverage your labor market experience to craft strategies and influence hiring decisions
- Lead Generation and Prospect engagement – build targeted pipelines based off business needs
- Business Acumen – understanding of the business priorities and how that relates to recruitment activities
- Build alignment with hiring managers, leadership and HR Business partners to create a strategic talent acquisition relationship.
- Presents labor market intelligence and provides consultation to hiring manager.
- Manages the needs identification, sourcing, screening and selection portions of the recruitment process.
- Engage with hiring managers to conduct initial needs assessment and create accurate, well written position specifications/job advertisements.
- Partnering with HR Business Partners/Business Leaders and Line management to plan and implement effective sourcing strategies that identify and deliver top talent.
- Build and maintain networks of potential candidates through proactive market research (including competitor trends and market intelligence) and on-going relationship management.
- Conduct in-depth interviews of potential candidates and communicate clear expectations of the recruiting process including interview, offer, background and onboarding.
- Promote the candidate experience through business acumen, knowledge of benefits and value proposition for Solvay’s employees.
- Use impact and influencing skills to communicate recommendations to hiring managers based on knowledge of the markets, candidate and talent strategies.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation as well as coaching through the hiring process.
- Participate in special projects and or recruiting initiatives in partnership with internal customers.
- Ensures compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations.
- Ensuring goals for candidate presentation slate are met for each position.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required from an accredited university or college.
- Must have 10+ years of direct experience as a talent acquisition professional in both a corporate global matrix organization and/or external search firm.
- Experience recruiting for positions in the advanced materials and specialty chemicals fields.
- Demonstrated results executing recruiting strategy, including employer promotion in the marketplace, candidate management, and diversity sourcing.
- Significant experience of influencing leaders across various disciplines/functions.
- Experience working with Linkedin Recruiter and other recruitment tools or platforms.
- Strong market research capabilities and the ability to present research to senior management.
- Must have outstanding assessment skills to discern core competencies as they relate to our requirements and refer the most qualified and cultural fit candidates to managers.
- Able to proactively network and establish effective working relationships.
- Ability to develop creative approaches to source candidates in challenging niche markets.
- Established relationships with universities and or external staffing agencies.
- Demonstrated skill in establishing and maintaining relationships with local and international stakeholders.
- Proficiency with an Applicant Tracking Systems (Taleo preferred)
Travel requirements - will be periodic travel to Solvay sites in North America
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.