Inside Sales Development Manager - DigitalJob ID GBU008306 Alpharetta, Georgia, United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
The Sales Development Manager covers business development activities across different markets including wire and cable, automotive, industrial,electronics/semicon, consumer goods and aerospace/defense.
• Find, develop, and close qualified leads.
• Manage incoming leads from digital channels (marketing automation, website requests) and convert into opportunities, or handover to field-team
• Obtain and disseminate product forecasts, service needs, competitor information and key trends.
• Communicate value proposition and other important information to customers.
• Prepare call reports and action plans.
• Monitor and coordinate the development pool in Salesforce with the Regional Sales Team.
• Manage customer requests from digital customer portal
• Monitor competitor activities.
• Recommend and assist in negotiating and implementing pricing strategy.
• Communicate internally and externally on a globally basis.
• Establish and manage customer relationships.
• Define and utilize appropriate resources to implement sales strategy, e.g. Customer Technical Development.
• Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in the following majors: Science (Chemical,
Biology), Engineering, or Material Science.
• Minimum 3 years of sales, marketing, or technical service
• Must be willing and able to travel 20-25% of the time.
• Technical understanding of polymers and applications.
• Strong communications skills (written, oral, and presentation).
• Strong leadership skills.
• Digital savvy or experience working with marketing automation, lead generation, inbound marketing, CRM / Salesforce
• Experience with managing customer interaction through customer portals is a plus
• Experience working inside or field sales promoting high performance plastic resins to target industry group (i.e. Healthcare)
• Ability to work independently and in a complex matrix organization.
• Ability to forge strong relationships internally and externally at
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.