Customer Service Representative - Composite MaterialsJob ID 11330 Alpharetta, Georgia, United States;
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
The Composite Materials Global Business Unit (GBU) develops, manufactures and markets most materials required for the production of automotive and aerospace structures such as prepregs, adhesives and surfacing films. We are looking for enthusiast Customer Service Representatives demonstrating fast learning abilities, strong drive and customer focus, and the potential to grow within our organization and influence it.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
- Own communication between the organisation and the customer as the SPOC for Customer Service.
- Manage special customer requests in conjunction with Supply Chain Team and Product Managers.
- Manage customer’s order book through to accurate invoice payment; excellent understanding of customer’s requirements.
- Ensures Master data information for all customers is accurate at all times.
- Lead Partner Managed Inventory (PMI) discussions with customers.
- Provide customers with materials price quotations for non-strategic customers.
- Works closely with the Plants (Site Liaisons, Planning, Quality, Labs, Logistic, Product Managers) to ensure all teams are aware and aligned with customer’s needs.
- Manages compliance related issues and need for export licenses.
- Administers all orders ensuring only accurate and legally compliant data is transposed into the ERP system.
- Manages customer portals (document downloads/uploads, provide updates) in a timely manner.
- Ensures all documents are properly located in the correct drives for audit related purposes.
- Ensures pricing is accurate at all times, working closely with the Pricing and Data Management Teams.
- Implements credits/debits/rebates, working closely with Sales and Complaints Management teams.
- Prepares and executes PMI data changes for the customer.
- Has an excellent knowledge of our compliance obligations and initiates the need for export licenses as and when needed. Ensures all due diligence is carried out for compliance prior to data entry.
- Is able to action post shipment requests for missing paperwork – packing slips/certs etc.
- Has an excellent understanding of ERP system – is able to navigate through all sales/planning related screens accessible.
- Understands the life cycle of the sale and is therefore able to accurately OTIF code.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum high school or equivalent education. Some college preferred - business or communications.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a customer service representative in a fast paced manufacturing environment. Work experience will include working in an ERP environment with strong team work skills and cross functional experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint, and Google Applications (google docs and google sheets)
- Must have very strong communication skills
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment, ideally with knowledge of government (export compliance) and industry quality system requirements (ISO 9001, AS 9100, IATF 16949), customer and internal terms and conditions, contract administration.
- Customer focused, team player, with excellent communication and diplomacy skills both with internal and external customers in order to accomplish tasks.
- Demonstrates the ability to make sound business decisions that support customers’ requirements while complying with documented guideline and policies.
- Demonstrates the ability to solve customer problems in a changing environment without completely defined process steps for success.
- This position requires a high degree of proficiency in organisational skills to handle detailed information and the timely processing of the information to ensure customer satisfaction.
- The willingness to learn and apply basic technical information/terminology and be familiar with material applications is essential.
- Working knowledge and understanding of SAP
- Aerospace experience
- Good understanding of export compliance would be a plus
- Broad knowledge of the business and customer base would be a plus
Our recruitment process
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it, please click ‘Recruitment Process’ below. Alternatively, if you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available. Simply click ‘Request Support’.